Many Linux distributions are equipped with a pre-packaged version of HPLIP software, therefore, you may already have HPLIP installed on your system. If you would like to know how to verify that HPLIP is already installed, click HERE.
Even though HPLIP is already installed on your system, you may wish to upgrade to a newer version. Additionally, you may wish to have the latest version if you have a newer printer, a need for a new feature, or would like a bug fix that is contained in the newest version. If so, click HERE to find out how to auto-install HPLIP.
A few items to note about what the Automatic Installation process provides:
- Automatic compilation and installaton of the HPLIP package (to the /usr/share directory)
- Installation of all options
- Removal of previous installations of HPLIP and HPOJ packages
- Assumes that all optional dependencies will be downloaded and installed
- Provides installation of required dependencies
- Asks to confirm Linux distribution
- Automatically runs the hp-setup tool to finish installation and configure your printer
If you wish to uninstall HPLIP manually (for advanced users) click HERE.