You can print directly special printable CD and DVD media from your Photosmart D5100. This printer allows you to print on either 3in. (80mm) "Mini" or 5in. (120mm) media.
To print on one of these media, you must configure the printer as follows:
- Go to http://localhost:631
- Click on the Printers tab
- Click the Set Printer Options button
- Click the drop down menu next to Media Size
- Set the paper type as CD/DVD 80mm or CD/DVD 120mm
- Click the drop down menu next to Media Type
- Set the paper tray as CD/DVD tray
You must then format the image to print to fit on this media, the printable area is 5in. x 5in. or 3.3in. x 3.3in. respectively for the 5in. and 3in. media. The non-printable area around the inside hole can be 0.8in. or 1.6in. diameter for the 5in. media and 1.7in. diameter for the 3in. media. You can use any label making application that supports CD labels to do this.